Nikon D3400 Review
Price: $438 (Best DSLR Camera within $400/$500)
Cheapest place to buy: Amazon
Specs: Bluetooth connectivity, 11-point auto focus system, Powerful CMOS sensor with 24.2MP image capture power
My Ratings: 4/5
The Nikon D3400, Product Overview
As a newly aunt to a beautiful baby girl on the verge. I wish to offer a gift of value, one that will be useful in capturing great moments.
Most reviews I have read on top digital cameras for 2018-2019 either spoke about:
- Best camera for an aspiring or already professional photographer
- Wanting to do photography as a hobby
- Or simply wanting to try the best entry-level DSLR camera
After finding little information on whether or not these cameras are the best for newborn photography, I have decided to do my very own review.
The criteria used in selecting the Nikon 3400 was based upon:
- Best DSLR camera for new comer to photography who wants to take great photos far more superior to their smartphone
- The best entry-level DSLR camera for mothers in taking newborn photography
- The best value for your money DSLR camera (under $400)
The Nikon D3400 is among Nikon’s best entry-level DSLR camera and is the successor of the Nikon D3300. The Nikon D3400 was published on August 2016 and have since presented with an updated version of the Nikon D3500.
The Nikon D3500 as a successor to the D3400 haven’t had much of a radical change its features. With a slight adjustment to the size, weight and increased battery life, the Nikon D3500 offer the same good image quality.
- ISO range of 100-25600 and 11 point autofocus system with and continuous shooting speed of 5fps burst shooting.
- EXPEED 4 image processor
- 1200 battery shot life
- Interchangeable lens, Nikon F-mount
- My favorite benefit of the Nikon D3400 is the helpful guide mode. If you’re still having difficulty in capturing great quality photos or would like to kick up a notch. There are tutorials available for Beginner And Hobbyist Photographers.
- Availability of Bluetooth connectivity. To be able to transfer images to your smartphone right away is just awesome.
- Light in weight, which makes taking photos of your baby so much easier.
No touch capabilities.
Low frames per second score
What are DSLR camera and what makes it best for new parents photographing new-borns and kids?
I know it can be overwhelming shopping for cameras as a mother or simply a newcomer to the photography world. Questions I asked myself was the different type of cameras available and what was the best suited one for my price range.
The Digital Single-lens Reflex (DSLR), the Compact and Mirror-less Cameras are ultimately the different types of camera available.
The Digital Single Reflex type of camera has chosen to be more suitable for mothers in selecting different type of cameras.
With the advantage of having a large size of image sensors. The DSLRs allow room for growth and better picture quality with the variety of lens selection available.
The Nikon D3400 have proven to be a good choice in choosing the camera which match the expertise of a newbie/mother to photography.
The Nikon D3400 is arguably the best entry-level DSLR camera quality camera within the 400/500 price range. With the price attached to the Nikon D3400 comparison with a more expensive camera would be far superior.
The experience of using a Nikon D3400 for a first time photographer and a professional would be different. For a professional with experience with more advance (expensive) camera, it may cause frustration or even awkwardness. However, for first time photographer the Nikon D3400 would be good even for mothers even better!