Wanting the very best for your baby is as natural as breathing and pretty much a motherly instinct you just can’t avoid, so wanting more than a mere car seat is totally fine… And thus my reason for creating this article here.
So what is the best convertible car seat? Through research, interaction, and reviews from parents from all over the world I was able to select a list of three categories in which the best convertible car seats will be determined.
Disclosure: mybabyshoot.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is at no extra cost to you.
5 Best Convertible Car Seat 2019
Best Convertible Car Seat:
- On a budget
- For Small Cars
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
Lower price tag doesn’t always mean less in quality, getting the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 convertible car seat is what I would call a smart choice for parents working with a thrifty budget. As the name suggests Grow and Go, this car seats will experience a lot of firsts with your baby through its ability to grow and adjust to your little one.
Features: With the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, you can transform your baby from a rear-facing position (5-40pounds) to a forward facing (22-65 pounds).
For me, Its longevity is what makes it an ideal choice for mothers working with a budget and why it is the successor for Safety 1st Guide car seat which is also a really good choice if in the future you plan on purchasing a separate baby booster seat.
Limitations: Based off countless reviews, on average, most parents had difficulty loosening the harness and made comparison of such to other brands.
- Goes to a booster seat
- Machine washable
- Available cup holder for when baby gets older
- Cheaper in price but matches in quality too much costly car seats
The Graco Extend2fit is another great budget-friendly car seat, with all Graco brand car seats. The Graco Extend2fit is designed to support the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations and is considered twice the regular car seat standards.
Features: Have your baby ride a little longer in rear-facing with a longer weight limit of 4-50 pounds and forward-facing from 22-65 pounds. With a four position extension, panel adjusts to provide 5inches additional legroom enabling a longer, safer ride in a rear-facing position. With the benefits of:
- 6-position recline to help keeping your baby comfy
- 10-position headrest aid in supporting baby’s growth
- Double cups holder
- The fuss-free harness storage holds the buckle out of the way, so it’s easy to get baby in and out.
- Steel reinforce frame which enables strength and years of use
Graco Contender 65
Description: The Graco Contender 65 is designed to protect your baby in both rear-facing (5-40 pounds) and forward-facing (20-65 pounds). The Graco Contender 65 easily grows with your child while offering a simple safe a harness system that helps to keep your baby safely in place.
Features: Offers an 8 adjustable headrest position with just the use of one hand. The Graco Contender 65 has side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5point harness system.
- A single cup holder
- Extreme car interior temperatures
- Energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management
- Ease of installation
- Removable head and body support for when baby grows
- No rethread
Additional Cheap Convertible Car Seat:
- Evenflo Sonus Convertible Car Seat
Best Convertible Car Seat For Small cars
Having the Diono Radian 3RXT car seat is a really good choice when considering a growing family, you can fit 3 Radians across in most family vehicles with few limitations which I will later discuss.
Features: The Diono Radian 3RXT car seat is designed to keep your baby much safer with its superior extended rear-facing feature and steel frame lined with energy-absorbing foam which aids in your baby’s protection.
With the Diono Radian 3RXT all-in-one convertible car seat your baby stays in rear-facing position from 5-45 pounds and forward-facing up to 65 pounds which later turns into a booster seat for kids 50-120 pounds.
Offer is a dynamic head side impact protection reinforced with a 12-position headrest to adjust with your baby’s growth.
Limitation:With all the extra safety features the Diono Radian 3RXT has a weighted average of 28 pounds of which makes it heavier than regular convertibles.
- Plus premium fabrics for keeping baby comfy
- Ease of installation with an audible-click/visual locking indication connector system
- Expandable leg rest for growing baby
Graco Slimfit 3-In-One Convertible Car Seat
Saving space in your backseat can become a huge commodity when kids are involved, with the Graco Slimfit 3-In-One convertible get the extra space you need to make life a lot better.
Have your baby in rear-facing (5-40 pounds) to forward-facing (22-65 pounds) them later to a high back booster seat from 30-100 pounds. With the Graco Slimfit simple harness system and a 10-position adjustable headrest, this is to make easier with the using of one hand. Also,. Have your growing baby rolling comfortably around with a 4-recline position.
- Ease of installation
- Rotating cup holders
Additional car seat for small cars:
- Diono Radian RXT
- Graco Milestone
Best All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
Graco 4Ever 4-in-1
The Graco 4Ever 4-In-One car seat is hands down as impeccable as car seat goes, not only is it economical in terms of the quality, features and functions but it attaches a really good price tag.
Features: At just 4-40 pounds have your baby in rear-facing them to forward-facing at 20-65 pounds. One of my very best features of the Graco convertible is its booster seat in high back belt-positioning mode from 30 to 100 pounds and backless belt-positioning mode from 40 to 120 pounds.
There is also a harness system and 10-position headrest which lets you adjust the harness and headrest all together with no hassle. Included is a 6-position recline which aid in keeping your child comfortably rolling around town,
Limitation: Through reviews on average most parents had concerns with the straps after they had loosened and express difficulty in having it tighten.
More benefits: double cup holders, no rethreading, ease of installation, car seat can be installed by latch or vehicle seat belt.
Additional all-in-one convertible car seat:
Guidelines On What To Look For When Choosing A Convertible Car Seat
In deciding on a car seat for your little one you want to ensure a guideline is in place, this will not only ensure the maximum safety for your baby but a level of standard in which you will always have.
- Ease of installation features: With each car seat there are different or multiple features for which you can install your baby’s car seat. With a simple seat belt to hold your baby in place or latch system.
- Extra Safety Adjustments: With the Graco engineered car seat there additional safety adjustments like frontal, side, and rear impact protection. And so having a guideline system in place will ensure a level of safety for your baby.
- In support of the law and regulations : What are the state law or regulations in terms of baby car seats? Get information on the governing
- Fabric: In considering style, durability or extreme interior car temperature choose the best fabrics which may work best for you and your baby.
- Adjustable To Your Car: Choose the right car seat which may better compliment your car, with the difference in length size and width of each car seat ensuring that you get the right one is vital.
Related Articles to read on car seats: